Traditionally cooked in an outdoor oven in Croatia, this hearty dish has been adapted into a delicious one-pot wonder which will serve four people. Feel free to experiment and switch out meat or vegetables for alternatives - it's a great way to use up any leftovers.
YOU WILL NEED
- 850g diced lamb (or other meat/fish)
- 1 tbsp garlic puree (or finely chopped fresh garlic)
- 1 tbsp sundried tomato puree
- 80ml olive oil + extra 2 tbsp
- Black pepper
- Salt to season
- 600g potatoes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 courgette, chopped into chunks
- 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 small aubergine, chopped into chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped into chunks
- 250ml white wine
- Thyme, rosemary and sage (plus any other fresh herbs)
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan / 220°C / Gas Mark 7.
- Dice the meat.
- Make the marinade: Combine 80ml of olive oil in a bowl with garlic puree, sundried tomato puree, black pepper and salt.
- Add potatoes and vegetables into a large-lidded casserole dish.
- Place diced meat on top of the vegetables, pour the marinade and wine over the top.
- Add the rosemary, thyme and sage, trying to keep the herbs on top for easy removal later.
- Place the lid on the casserole dish and cook for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid, take out any thick herb stems and stir in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with fresh bread to soak up the juices.