Icelandic Skyr & Blueberry Cake
Perfect for a summer occasion, Skyr cake originates from Iceland and while it’s a slightly healthier option than a traditional cheesecake, it still has all the flavor!
YOU WILL NEED
FOR THE CRUST
- 10 digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
FOR THE FILLING
- 500g Skyr or Greek yoghurt
- 250ml double cream
- 50g sugar (or honey or sweetener of your choice)
- ½ tsp ground vanilla
- 3 sheets gelatine
FOR THE TOPPING
- 4 tbsp blueberry jam
- Coarsely crush the biscuits. Mix in the sugar and the melted butter/oil. Press the mixture into an 8” springform cake tin, lined with baking paper. Place it in the freezer.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Meanwhile, combine the skyr, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, mixing well.
- Remove the gelatine from the water. Transfer into a little pot on a low heat and stir until dissolved. Let it rest until slightly cooled.
- Mix the lukewarm gelatine with a little of the skyr. Then combine it into all of the skyr. This is to prevent the gelatine forming lumps.
- Whip cream into a light and fluffy consistency, and fold it into the skyr mix.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the skyr cream on top, smoothing out the top.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set.
- Remove from the fridge, and spread the blueberry jam on top, adding fresh blueberries for decoration, then serve.