Sunshine Sorrento Cake with Limoncello Cream
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 large sweet oranges
- 6 large free range eggs
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g ground almonds
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm/8" spring form cake tin Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Place the oranges into a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 1 hour until they are soft.
- Leave to cool in the water. Then cut in half, remove any pips and pop into a food processor and whizz to a pulp.
- With an electric whisk - whisk up the eggs and sugar until it has almost doubled in size and is thick, light and airy.
- Add the baking powder to the almonds and make sure it’s mixed in well.
- Fold in the orange pulp, the almonds and baking powder. Pour into your prepared cake tin and cook in the center of the oven for 45-50 minutes until it is firm to the touch in the middle. If it starts to brown too much during cooking, just lay some aluminium foil on the top.
SERVE WITH LIMONCELLO CREAM
- 100g mascarpone cheese
- 100g natural Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons of limoncello
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve…..